HOUNDSLAKE COUNTRY CLUB COURSE RULES
- Members and guests must register in the pro shop prior to play.
- Players must observe proper golf etiquette.
- No golf carts, pull carts or golf bags are permitted on greens.
- Players must rake sand traps after use.
- No equipment may be parked in front of greens. Use cart paths.
- Leave the green quickly and proceed to the next tee before recording your score.
- Spend a maximum of 5 minutes searching for a lost ball. Drop a new ball and take a one stroke penalty.
- Water hole on #8 Dogwood: If the first ball does not clear the water, player has the option to play another ball or proceed to the drop zone at the bottom of the hill, where the player will be hitting three.
- WATER HAZARDS (yellow lines or stakes): If the first ball does not clear the water, the player may play another ball from where the first one was hit, or drop a ball behind the hazard, keeping the spot where the ball entered the water between the player and the hole. One stroke penalty.
- LATERAL WATER HAZARD (red lines or stakes): Ball is dropped within two club lengths of where it entered the water or may be played as a regular water hazard.
- OUT OF BOUNDS (white stakes marked with OB): A provisional ball is hit. If the provisional ball is used for the next shot, take a one stroke penalty. If the original ball is found in bounds, it should be played – no penalty.
- UNPLAYABLE LIE: Player has two options (1) Play another ball from where the first ball was hit and take a one stroke penalty, or (2) Drop a ball within two club lengths of where the first ball lies or any distance behind the point where the ball lies and take a one stroke penalty. If the unplayable lie is in a bunker, the ball being played must remain in the bunker.